Friday, May 29, 2009

Cornerstone Sermon on Sin

Proverbs 5
- the most pervasive sin - GREED

Pregnant with sin
- conceived the desire
- don't be deceived that just because you haven't birthed that sin, that it isn't in you
- don't mistake God's grace and mercy for thinking it's okay for you to sin

The lure is incredibly deceptive.
- If you're looking at that bait, you need to recognize that there's a hook under that. Do you want to get hooked? That deadly trap.

Sweet beginnings but bitter endings.
- always offers itself in an incredibly sweet package but ALWAYS leads you to death
- don't be deceived that you can open the package a little bit and then close it back up

Saturday, May 23, 2009

dream entry

I was jogging outside with a group of people and the sky was quickly becoming dark with heavy clouds. It then started to pour so I ran faster and suddenly I was just around the corner of my house.

I was driving my car, lost on the highway very late in the evening. I could barely see anything because it was pitch black out.


A past came back in my dream last night... very unexpected. I guess you can almost expect that from deeply stored away memories. 

So I was at this church function, commemorating the death of my friend's mother. I was playing the piano on the stage, stumbling on which keys to press and pouring down tears. He was there too. Incredibly awkward it was.. but we faced it, pushing aside all our past emotions and tension that once seemed so endless in drama. Although the years have changed our states, you could still feel the same senses lingering there. We said a few words and that was all. 

Monday, May 11, 2009

Thank You, Jesus
Lord, You're worthy
Of all the glory,
And all the honor
And all the praise

Although I am not in the least bit feeling joyful right now, I have been reminded once again that God is bigger than whatever I'm facing.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A quote about Character

"People are like icebergs. There's much more to them than meets the eye. When you look at an iceberg, only 15% is visible- that's talent. The rest 85% - their character - is below the surface, hidden. It's what they do when no one is watching. It's how they react to terrible traffic and other everyday aggravations. It's how they handle failure and success."
- J.C.Maxwell

Sunday, May 3, 2009

True Love

"True love brings with it the ability to give yourself away to that person, to allow your vulnerability to become their strength and their strength your reward."